Zambezi White Water Rafting Trips
There are 8 available Zambezi River Rafting trips, depending on the time of year:
- Half Day High Water (January to July) – $US140
- Half Day Low Water AM (August to New Year) – $US140
- Half Day Low Water PM (August to New Year) – $US140
- Full Day (August to New Year) – $US140
- 2 Day/1 Night (August to New Year) – $310
- 3.5 Day (August to New Year) – $935
- 5 Night (August to New Year) – $2,285
- 7 Night (August to New Year) – $3,600 per person sharing ($4,100 single supplement)
The High Water and Low Water PM Zambezi River Rafting trips start from rapid #14 through to #25, and the Low Water AM trips start from rapid #1 through to #14.
Why Zambezi River Rafting?
- Class V Zambezi white-water rafting – rated the Best One Day/half day Rafting experience in the world.
- AM Zambezi River Rafting begins under the Victoria Falls at Rapid #1 aka The Boiling Pot.
- Fully qualified guides with many years of experience.
- Meet at the end of the day at The Victoria Falls Waterfront for a well-earned cold drink with your fellow rafters.
- Watch your day’s rafting experience on the big screen upon your return to the Waterfront.
- Video and photographs will be uploaded to the cloud and provided to you free of charge soon after.
Welcome to the raging torrents of the Zambezi River! The Zambezi provides arguably the best white water rafting in the world. The half day options are available for those who are pressed for time or happen to be visiting during high water (January – July). For the remaining months, low water allows for full day and multi-day trips.
The Zambezi River below Victoria Falls boasts one of the most spectacular white water sections in the world. The mile-wide Zambezi River slowly meanders towards the cliff edge and then plummets 110 metres into the gorge below. The water is then squeezed through the narrow Batoka Gorge creating some of the best white water rafting in the world. Included are class 4 and class 5 rapids that are guaranteed to get your heart racing. Fortunately, there is plenty of time between rapids to calmly float down stream as you take in the sights and sounds of the gorge around you.
The Half Day Zambezi White Water Rafting Experience
There are two options for experiencing half day Zambezi River rafting:
- The intense class V experience (rapids #1 to #10)
- The less vigourous class III and IV experience (rapids #11 to #21)
During high water there is only the 2nd option available due to the first section being too dangerous at this time of year. However, during the low water season you can pick and choose which section you prefer. You can also opt for the full day trip and experience both sections. And for the more adventurous you can opt for multi-day trips that take you a whole lot further.
No matter which trip you decide to take, you will not be disappointed. Along the way you will face rapids known as The Truck Eater, Oblivion, The Terminator and The Devil’s Toilet Bowl. Some of the rapids are more intense than the others but taking a safe line through the rapid is easily done as each raft has its own qualified and experienced guide.
All river guides are fully trained professionals accredited with the International Rafting Federation and hold valid advanced first aid certificates, some with over 20 year experience on the Zambezi.
Probably the Best White Water Rafting in the World
At the end of your Zambezi river rafting trip you will be provided with free media coverage and photo bundles of your trip. Each trip is filmed and photographed by professional videographers who kayak ahead of the rafts to take their position ready to film your adventure through the various rapids. You will be able to watch the final video at the Waterfront bar after your trip with a much deserved cold drink or two. All video and photos will then be available to download from the cloud.
- Skilled, qualified and professional guides
- Highest quality inflatable rafts and safety equipment
- Lunch, water and soft drinks
- Transfers to and from your Livingstone accommodation
- Free video and photos of the trip – professionally filmed and edited
- All meals (multi-day trips only)
What’s Not Included
- US$10 National Heritage Park Fees (payable on the day at the Waterfront)
- Medical insurance – whilst there is cover for emergency evacuation out of the gorge by helicopter provided by the operator, in the unlikely event of an emergency any hospital care and out-patient treatment thereafter is the responsibility of the traveller. Please ensure you have the correct medical insurance prior to your rafting trip. The operator may require you to provide proof of such medical cover.
What to Bring
- Swimming shorts – you will be getting very wet
- Sun cream – even in the cooler months the sun can be very intense down in the gorge
- Suitable footwear such as sandals or trainers – flip flops are not allowed. Also make sure you don’t bring your best footwear, it will get very wet. There is quite a steep climb over rugged ground out of the gorge at the end of the trip so please bear that in mind.
What not to Bring
- Valuable jewelry or watches
- Sharp jewelry
- Sunglasses (unless they can be tied around your head securely)
- Passports – please leave valuables and passports at your hotel. If you would prefer, you can leave them safely with the operator ready for collection when you return. Please check with us ahead to confirm that is what you would prefer to do.
DepartureYour Livingstone Accommodation
Departure Time7.30am or 9.30am
Return Time2.30pm or 4.30pm (Half and Full Day Trips)
IncludedGuide IncludedPhotos/Video Available (Free)Refreshments AvailableSafety Equipment Provided
Not Included5 Star AccommodationAir-Conditioning in RoomAirport Shuttle (Extra Charge)Airport Shuttle (Free)All InclusiveBreakfast IncludedCleaning Service ProvidedGarden ViewsLaundry Service (Extra Charge)Meals IncludedOn-Site BarOn-Site RestaurantPersonal GuidePhotos/Video Available (Extra Charge)River ViewsSwimming PoolTV in Room